Easter is around the corner – so it’s time to bring your home in the right Easter mood. You don’t want to do without Ester eggs, but you’re bored with the classic colorful painted eggs? We have an extraordinary idea: Photo Easter eggs.
Photos on eggs, that should work? In the beginning, this may sound a bit too crazy to believe it. But in the following steps, you can see how you create with few materials these special Easter eggs.
- liquid glue
- your favorite photos printed
- cooked eggs, uncolored, preferably white
- First of all, you pick your favorite pictures you want to keep on the eggs and print them in small format (about 4 cm x 3 cm). Black and white prints are best shown on white eggs.
- Cut out your pictures and put on the liquid glue on the entire printed side of the paper.
- Now stick the picture on the egg carefully. Make sure there aren’t too many wrinkles in the paper and wipe off the excess adhesive from the photo paper with a paper towel. Let the glue dry completely.
- After 1-2 hours, rub the excess paper off the egg gently with a damp sponge. Make sure you do not rub off the photo with it.
- Additionally, it’s possible to paint and decorate the Easter eggs. To create a cool retro look, you can choose black and white graphics and pencil designs in black, gold and silver to match the black and white images.
And that’s it – your very special and personal Easter decoration is ready to beautify your living room. Have fun by creating your own Photo Easter eggs!
Our Extra Tip: This transmission technique of photos can be applied also to other materials such as wood, candles & co. beyond the Easter season.