Finding a nice and personal Christmas gift can be a big challenge every year. There is a huge variety and the budget can be exhausted quickly. So how about an individual DIY? With a few simple steps and a little equipment you can design your own personal gift for family, friends or colleagues.
Be inspired by the Instax crafting ideas for Christmas and give special pleasure for the feast of love. At the same time you have the chance to creatively eternalize your personal Instax moments. (If you need some inspirations just take a look on meinfeenstaub.com.)
The DIY Instax Desk calendar is an eye-catcher in every office with whom you can make great plans for the new year.
- 12 prints of the Instax Wide 300
- water-resistant pen
- foldback clip
- mini screw for the clip
- piece of plywood (circa in A4 format)
- white cardboard in A3
- hole punch
- 2 hinges and nails/screws to attach
- Screw clamp
- Paper cutter
- 2 round hooks with screw thread
- Cordless screwdriver
- At first you cut the cardboard with the paper cutter. All in all you need 14 rectangular pieces of 8.5 x 5 cm each. After that you punch all the rectangles on the short side in the middle. Make sure that the hole is always in the same place.
- Now label the rectangles with the brushpen. At once you need 0, 1, 2, 3 and in addition the numbers from 0 to 9.
- Clamp the plywood to the table with the screw clamp. Use the jigsaw to saw once a rectangular piece of 24 x 14.5 cm. If you want to set up your calendar you also need a second triangular piece of 18.5 x 6.5 x 17 cm. Otherwise use a hook on the back to hang it up.
- Now you screw the screw for the foldback clip to the upper middle of the short side of your rectangular plywood piece, about 1 cm from the top edge. In the next step you turn the two hooks in the board, each about 4 cm from the sides left and right, distance between 6.5 cm. It might be helpful to pre-drill the points, then you can simply screw in the hooks by hand.
- Now mark the middle of the long side on the back with a pencil. Pick up the cordless screwdriver and attach the triangular part with the hinges on the square part. The basic framework is ready now.
- Now you need your Instax Wide 300 to shoot 12 great photos. Your creativity has no limits!
- After you’ve taken the shots label these with the respective month with the water-resistant pen.
- All you have to do now to sort your number cards left and right to the hooks. And that’s it – your calendar is ready.
We hope you like this DIY and you can create a personal Christmas gift for your dearest. Look forward to some other ideas for personal instax moments.
Categories: Spotlight - Information about FUJIFILM Europe